1) International Student Admission Process
International Student Admission Process
1) Complete South East Asia Academy (SEAA) application form.
2) Submit SEAA application form to registry department together with :
- 8 pieces – Photographs (passport size photographs with white background)
- 2 copies – valid passport (full page)
- Previous education documents such as senior high school certificate, high school certificate, other certificates, exam results & other related education documents (with translation)
- * Non Objection Certification (NOC) – for Sub-Sahara Country Only
- * Eligibility Letter – for Nigerian Student Only (Issue by Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja, Nigeria)
- Other related education documents (with English translation)
- Medical report from origin countries before departing to KL
- Processing Fees (Non refundable) (to be advice)
- Insurance fees (to be advice)
3) Registrar assess and process application form
4) SEAA will issue the letter of admission.
2) Student Visa Application & Procedures
Student Visa Application & Procedures
The students can only come to Malaysia if the application is approved by Ministry of Higher Education & Immigration Department of Malaysia. The application processing time is estimated about 2 to 3 month.
The SEAA will not be responsible if the student decided to come to Malaysia without getting approval from the SEAA, Ministry of Higher Education & Immigration Department of Malaysia.
NOC & Eligibility Letter is a certificate of recognition which the potential student need to get the endorsement from the relevant authority from the country of origin of the student i.e. Ministry of Education, Education department, etc. These rules only apply for African students who wish to study in Malaysia.
The student needs to submit the NOC & Eligibility Letter to the college for further approval from the Malaysian Higher Education Department.
**Please refer and request from IS Office for the Forms/Checklists & etc.
- ii) Immigration Information
-Immigration Advice for Students
With Malaysia focused on becoming a regional centre of educational excellence, we expect to see more international students enrolling in South East Asia Academy (SEAA). We provide assistance with student visa application, airport pick-up, accommodation, travel arrangements, health insurance and personal counseling. The orientation of our foreign students takes into consideration educational, cultural and social adjustments.
The International Student Office (ISO) & Student Services serves the needs of our growing population of students from overseas. Its purpose is to help international students adapt to life at Malaysia, as well as to get the most out of their stay by organizing a wide range of extra-curricular and cultural activities.
-Immigration Policies for International Students
International students are required to comply with immigration Malaysia rules and regulations. Please adhere strictly to the requirements to minimize delay or other problems that may arise.
A passport or travel document with minimum one year validity is required to enter the country. You need to obtain an approval letter from the Malaysian Immigration Department prior to entering the country (this will be applied by the college on your behalf). The colleges representative will receive you at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and help you process the stamping of the student pass on your passport after arrival.
iii) Airport Pickup & Procedures
Students need to notify us on their flight schedule & flight info 1 week before their arrival (if the application is approved). SEAA representative will fetch the students from KLIA/LCCT airport & do the immigration clearance for the student. On arrival, student is advised to wait at the immigration office at KLIA/LCCT airport.
The country also imposes exchange controls. This means that you cannot bring in a large amount of Malaysian Ringgit. You are advised to bring in your country’s currency and exchange in Malaysia for the Ringgit or use Traveler’s Cheques. You will be required at Malaysian airports to declare the amount of currency you are bringing into the country.
Note : Please request Airport Arrival Services Form from IS Office/Marketing Department.
3) Pre-Arrival Procedures
Step 1 : In Home Country
The student MUST inform & Fill up Airport Arrival Services Form to South East Asia Academy (SEAA) by email to IS Office to the Marketer in charge at least 7 days before departure.
The following information is needed:
- Date & Time of Departure from home country.
- Date & Time of Arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) / Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT).
- Flight Name & Number.
Note : South East Asia Academy (SEAA )will not be held responsible for any consequences if the above instructions are not complied with. Priority for airport pickup is for registered students. Accompanying persons need to arrange for their own transportation.
Step 2 : Before Departure
Before the student leaves for the airport, he / she must make sure to bring along the following important documents:
- Passport (must be valid for at least 12 months before expiry).
- Original Copy of Visa Approval Letter or Valid Entry Visa.
Step 3: On the Airplane
The student is required to fill in the Disembarkation Card provided by the airline crew. Please keep the card stub.
Step 4 : Arrive At KLIA
On leaving the airplane, the student is required to board a “sky-train” which will take the passenger from Terminal C to the Baggage Reclaim & Immigration Terminal.
Note: Student must take the sky-train within 20 minutes on disembarking the plane.
Step 5 : At Immigration Counter
South East Asia Academy (SEAA) representative will await students arriving at KLIA, at the Immigration Counter 42.
However, those arriving at LCCT, Sepang, and Kuala Lumpur are requested to wait at the Immigrations Counter 10. The student will be guided to the Immigrations Counter for clearance.
Important Note : The Immigration Officer WILL NOT release students without the presence of South East Asia Academy (SEAA) representative to identify and acknowledge the student.
Step 6 : Arrival at South East Asia Academy (SEAA)
Once Immigrations Clearance procedure is completed, the South East Asia Academy (SEAA) representative will sent the student to South East Asia Academy (SEAA), IS Officer will provide briefing to the students.
4) Post-Arrival Procedures
Step 1 : Report at SEAA
The student must report to the IS Office, South East Asia Academy (SEAA) upon arrival or the following day.
The following needs to be done at the IS Office:-
- Fill Up Relevant Forms.
- Student Data Form
- Insurance Form
The student must settle the necessary due payments prior to the Course Selection and the commencement of classes. The IS Office shall assist students to open a bank account. During Orientation, students will be briefed on South East Asia Academy (SEAA) rules & regulations.
Note : Orientation attendance is COMPULSORY.
Step 2 : Student ID Card Collection
Students may collect their student ID card prepared by the Registry Office / IS Office within 3-7 working days
Step 3: Student Pass Endorsement
Students MUST submit their passport and Student Pass endorsement fee to the IS Office according to the schedule given them.
The IS Office will provide students a certified true copy of their passport for safekeeping pending the Student Pass endorsement with the Malaysian Immigrations Department.
Important note: :
- Students MUST submit their passport for Student Pass Process 14 days before their Social Visa expires. Failure to do so will incur a penalty of RM50.00 per DAY.
- Students are responsible to ensure that their Student Pass and Entry Visa are VALID before leaving the country.
It would take at least 60 days for the Malaysian Immigrations Department to issue the Visa Approval Letter. Please take note that it is the prerogative of the Malaysian Immigrations Department to approve or reject any visa applications.
It is the responsibility of the students to check with the Malaysian Embassy in their country regarding any special requirements or visa requirements before coming to Malaysia. For example, students may need to apply for a single entry visa to enter Malaysia together with the Visa Approval Letter, in order to avoid a fine.
For African students, they are required to take the necessary inoculation(s) (injections) especially the Yellow Fever Vaccination before coming to Malaysia. A copy of the Medical Certificate must be produced for verification by the Malaysian Immigrations Department
Extension of student pass
Extension of student pass
Bring your passport to IS Office at least 60 days (approximately 2 months) before the expiry date of your student pass for processing. If students do not comply by the 60 days’ renewal period, an admin cost will be charged according to the number of days before the passport expires.
Malaysian Immigration Department requires the SEAA representative to assist the student in submitting the renewal of student pass. The supporting documents required are:
- Receipt of tuition fee & medical insurance payment (one year for one-year student’s pass)
- Immigration fee for student pass (the fee varies from country to country)
- Related documents, refer as per checklist given by IS Office
It will take 2 to 4 weeks for the Malaysian Immigration Department to process your application for extension and another 1 to 2 weeks to put the sticker on the passport. Overall, it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 months to process the renewal of student pass.
*depends on Immigration system*
The APPROVAL of renewal of student pass is subject to:
- Passport – Student passport should have at least 1-year validity.
- Attendance – Student must have an attendance of equal to or more than 95% on first renewal and 80% on subsequent renewal. In addition, those who are absent for 3 consecutive days in class must provide a valid reason to Malaysian Immigration Department.
- Academic results – Student must do well in their courses. Malaysian Immigration Department may cancel a student pass based on poor academic results.