Bring your passport to IS Office at least 60 days (approximately 2 months) before the expiry date of your student pass for processing. If students do not comply by the 60 days’ renewal period, an admin cost will be charged according to the number of days before the passport expires.
Malaysian Immigration Department requires the SEAA representative to assist the student in submitting the renewal of student pass. The supporting documents required are:
- Receipt of tuition fee & medical insurance payment (one year for one-year student’s pass)
- Immigration fee for student pass (the fee varies from country to country)
- Related documents, refer as per checklist given by IS Office
It will take 2 to 4 weeks for the Malaysian Immigration Department to process your application for extension and another 1 to 2 weeks to put the sticker on the passport. Overall, it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 months to process the renewal of student pass.
*depends on Immigration system*
The APPROVAL of renewal of student pass is subject to:
- Passport – Student passport should have at least 1-year validity.
- Attendance – Student must have an attendance of equal to or more than 95% on first renewal and 80% on subsequent renewal. In addition, those who are absent for 3 consecutive days in class must provide a valid reason to Malaysian Immigration Department.
- Academic results – Student must do well in their courses. Malaysian Immigration Department may cancel a student pass based on poor academic results.